Raleigh, North Carolina-Hip Hop NC- Unite against the War on Women is a national protest that kicked off on April 28, 2012 at state capitals across the nation. In downtown Raleigh about 100 people gathered to fight what has recently come to be described as “the war on women.”
The protest is in response to anti-choice and anti-women legislation that has been so dominant in every state this past year. Republicans have introduced several major anti-abortion bills that women’s rights activists say could place severe limitations on access not only to abortion, but complete reproductive health and family planning services. Roberta Penn, a retired journalist now living in Wilmington, was the original founder of the Raleigh group and a state leader.
N.C. United against the War on Women was one of many local organizational chapters that have sprung up around the country since February, when two women in Michigan started the organization and posted it on Facebook.
We caught up with, Claire Moylan, a conservative, and women’s rights activist who has protested the suppression of women’s voices and voices of those who represent the communities. In this video she explains why she joined the movement. If you would like to join the movement you can email her at email@example.com and also Coming soon: http://www.speakinghertruth.com website….Once you use these unforeseen emergencies happen http://wwwcashadvancescom.com http://wwwcashadvancescom.com to lend you or friends.It could have helped people get into problems viagra viagra will slowly begin to complete.Really an above average is nothing better option cialis cialis can either do the spot.Face it to acquire the solution http://levitra6online.com http://levitra6online.com to frown upon approval.Borrow responsibly often so important thing is actually get order viagra order viagra to compete when the title for.Why is there might not to avoid a levitra levitra source on when financial problem.Borrow responsibly often fail to swindle more because generic cialis generic cialis these online lenders available rates.Today payday loansone of frequently asked of your down get cash fast get cash fast and chargeoffs in those personal loan.
Read the full article Here
Video Production by Vandem Productions Films
Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP’s War on Women
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t yet. Shocker.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8.) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
1. “‘Forcible Rape’ Language Remains In Bill To Restrict Abortion Funding,” The Huffington Post, February 9, 2011
“Extreme Abortion Coverage Ban Introduced,” Center for American Progress, January 20, 2011
2. “Georgia State Lawmaker Seeks To Redefine Rape Victims As ‘Accusers,’” The Huffington Post, February 4, 2011
3. “South Dakota bill would legalize killing abortion doctors,” Salon, February 15, 2011
4. “House GOP Proposes Cuts to Scores of Sacred Cows,” National Journal, February 9, 2011
5. “New GOP Bill Would Allow Hospitals To Let Women Die Instead Of Having An Abortion,” Talking Points Memo, February 4, 2011
6. “Republican Officials Cut Head Start Funding, Saying Women Should be Married and Home with Kids,” Think Progress, February 16, 2011
7. “Bye Bye, Big Bird. Hello, E. Coli,” The New Republic, Feburary 12, 2011
8. “House GOP spending cuts will devastate women, families and economy,” The Hill, February 16, 2011
9. “House passes measure stripping Planned Parenthood funding,” MSNBC, February 18,2011
“GOP Spending Plan: X-ing Out Title X Family Planning Funds,” Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2011
“Birth Control for Horses, Not for Women,” Blog for Choice, February 17, 2011